Chat Window UX / UI Improvement
Chat Window Relocation/Resizing Functions Added
- Now, you can resize your Chat window sideways as well as vertically.
- You can now move your Chat window separately from the Megaphone window.
- Or you can use the Use Magnetic mode option to move the Chat and Megaphone windows together as always.
- The movement restrictions on the Inner Chat window will be lifted. Now, you can move your Chat window anywhere you want in game.
- The Megaphone window's default size will be adjusted to 3 lines from 4.
- Your selected Chat window size and location will be saved on an account basis.
- Now, you can deselect all the filters for the System tab.
- Your Chat Filter settings will be saved on an account basis.
- Your current filters will be reset.
- You can now hide the System tab from the External Chat window.
- The Whisper tab will no longer disappear when you change characters or channels.
- Your tab locations will be saved on an account basis.
Fade Feature Updates
- Chat messages used to disappear one by one if you don't chat for a while inside dungeons. Now, the entire Chat window will disappear after a while.
- If a new chat message is received or entered, then the entire Chat window will reappear.
- This Fade feature will be disabled in town, just as before.
- You can now use the Background Display Status → Always show option to display the Chat window background, regardless of your cursor location.
- You can now use an option to reset your Chat Window Size and Location settings.
- This option is also available through Settings (O).
- The Whisper list will be redesigned.
- The button that displays the Whisper list will be moved to the upper right side of the Internal Chat window.
- The Delete button will be added to the Whisper list.
Other Changes and Bug Fixes
- Bringing the cursor over a character name in the Chat window will now show its Explorer Club name.
- The Change Chat Input Mode icon will no longer be abnormally displayed if you can't use the Guild or Party chat.
- The Chat Input Mode buttons will now be rearranged to match your current tab order.
- Moving away the cursor from the Chat Window area while scrolling on the Internal Chat window will no longer abnormally cancel scrolling.
- Now, you can use the mouse wheel to scroll on the Chat messages, even if the mouse pointer is not visible in the Chat window.
- The War Zone category will be removed from the System tab in the Inner Chat window.
- Aeterna Megaphone will be removed from the Aeterna Crafting list.
- The Aeterna Megaphones that are already created can be collected. Those that you already have can also be used.
Channel-based Chat Mode Added
The Channel Chat mode will be added.
- You can talk to others in the same channel.
- If you enter 10 or more messages in less than 3 seconds in between, then you'll be blocked from chatting for 30 seconds.
- You can use the hotkey (/c) to directly access the Channel Chat mode.
- New/returning users are highlighted in green, and they can't change their color.
Guild Chat Data
Up to 20 recent Guild chat messages will be displayed when you log in.
- These messages, once displayed, will not displayed again until you close the game.
- Saved messages will be reset during the next scheduled maintenance.
- Your guild name will now be displayed in front of its notices.
- Guild notices' Chat type will be changed from System to Guild.
- Guild notices won't be displayed again when you change channels.